Welcome to Forest Park Lab, a Seattle-area software consulting services company. We specialize in design and development of software for Microsoft Windows, Apple MacOS, and embedded operating systems. The company was founded in 2002 by its current owner, Steven Houchin, who has over twenty years of professional experience in software development.
In today's competitive times, small business must watch expenses carefully. Hiring an independent software developer on contract will benefit you in several ways:
- Avoid the longer-term risk and expense of a full time employee, maximizing flexibility.
- Work with a seasoned contractor, who often has the broad background to quickly become productive.
- Develop a personal relationship with a known, reliable resource for your company's future project needs.
- Receive better value than the "big box" placement firms, who add extra expense for their cut of the take.
- Avoid expensive limitations on future relationships with the contractor, unlike the big firms.
Forest Park Lab provides the value and expertise that helps you get the job done right. We value repeat business, and therefore are motivated to provide each client with real results that satisfy their needs.
Occasionally, I run into interesting technical challenges or issues that are worth noting, which may be helpful to other developers out there. You may read about some of them and comment at Forest Park Lab's Web Log .